Silicone Foam Gaskets
Silicone foam gaskets are an important element of A.J. Rubber & Sponge Ltd.â€™s non-metallic custom sponge and foam gaskets and seals product line. Our silicone foam gaskets are suitable for a wide range of industrial and commercial low-pressure environments that require sealing out air, dust and light, or in high-pressure environments to seal against liquids. A.J. Rubber & Sponge Ltd. supplies manufactures two styles of silicone foam gaskets:
Closed cell silicone foam gaskets
Great for use in water-related applications, our closed cell silicone foam gaskets are very durable and highly resistant to environmental fluctuations. They possess such characteristics as low toxicity, high density and low compressive forces.
Open cell silicone foam gaskets
Best used as shock or vibration gaskets (such as those found in the automotive manufacturing industry), open cell silicone foam gaskets tend to be lightweight and low in density, and they easily allow moisture to escape.
A.J. Rubber & Sponge Ltd. utilizes an array of in-house machine services to produce our silicone foam gaskets, such as die cutting, horizontal splitting and roll slitting, and we are able to apply a wide variety of pressure sensitive adhesives (PSAs) to all of our silicone foam gaskets. Our silicone foam gaskets are extremely versatile, and feature a number of unique characteristics:
- The foundation for their long-term performance, silicone foam gaskets are resistant to ultraviolet light and ozone due to the inorganic backbone of their molecular structure
- Capable of operating over a wide temperature range of approximately -53Â°C to 201Â°C (-65Â°F to 395Â°F)
- Resistant to decay from aging or sunlight
- Excellent compression set resistance (the measure of the materials resilience, or its ability to rebound to its original thickness upon being compressed)
- Intrinsically flame resistant
- Ideal for blocking out dust in manufacturing plants, industrial buildings, production facilities and other general industrial applications
- Superb water sealing capabilities
For more information on A.J. Rubber & Sponge Ltd.â€™s silicone foam gaskets, or the other products in our non-metallic custom sponge and foam gaskets and seals line, get in touch with us today. Our friendly team will happily assist you!